1. In proper or satisfactory operational or working order:
checked to see if the tires were all right.
2. all-right [?l“rot“] Informal Satisfactory; good:
all-right [?l“rot“] 【非正式用语】 令人满意的；良好的：
an all-right fellow; an all-right movie.
Your answers are all right.
4. Average; mediocre:
The performance was just all right, not remarkable.
5. Uninjured; safe:
The passengers were shaken up but are all right.
6. Fairly healthy; well:
I am feeling all right again.
7. In a satisfactory way; adequately:
I held up all right under pressure.
8. Very well; yes. Used as a reply to a question or to introduce a declaration:
Will you join us? All right. All right, here's the plan.
9. Without a doubt:
It's cold, all right.
10. All right, usually pronounced as if it were a single word, probably should have followed the same orthographic development as already and altogether. But despite its use by a number of reputable authors, the spelling alright has never been accepted as a standard variant, and the writer who chooses to risk that spelling had best be confident that readers will acknowledge it as a token of willful unconventionality rather than as a mark of ignorance.
Allright 发音常象一个单词， 可能其拼字方法同already 和 altogether 规律一样。 尽管有些著名作家都这么用过，alright 这种拼写从未被公认是标准变体， 冒险选择这种拼写的作家最好要有心理准备，读者们会把它看作是有意的非传统用法的象征，而不是无知的标志。