1. A male having the same parents as another or one parent in common with another.
2. pl. Often brethren[brμY“r…n] One who shares a common ancestry, allegiance, character, or purpose with another or others, especially:
【复数】 常作 brethren[brμY“r…n] 兄弟会：拥有共同的祖先，共同的效忠对象，共同的特征或目的的伙伴尤指：
3. A kinsman.
4. A fellow man.
5. A fellow member, as of a fraternity, trade union, or panel of judges on a court.
6. A close male friend; a comrade.
7. A soul brother.
“A station that . . . relies on corporate contributions or advertising to survive runs the risk of becoming virtually indistinguishable from its commercial brethren”(W John Moore)
9. Abbr. BrEcclesiastical
10. A member of a men's religious order who is not in holy orders but engages in the work of the order.
11. A lay member of a religious order of men.
13. Middle English
14. from Old English br?thor * see bhr3ter-
源自 古英语 br?thor *参见 bhr3ter-