1. A sweet baked food made of flour, liquid, eggs, and other ingredients, and usually served in rectangular, square, or rounded layer form.
2. A flat, rounded mass of dough or batter, such as a pancake that is baked or fried.
3. A flat, rounded mass of hashed or chopped food that is baked or fried; a patty.
4. A shaped or molded piece, as of soap or ice.
5. A layer or deposit of compacted matter:
a cake of grime in the oven.
6. To cover or fill with a thick layer, as of compacted matter:
a miner whose face was caked with soot.
7. To become formed into a compact or crusty mass:
As temperatures dropped, the wet snow caked.
8. Middle English
9. from Old Norse kaka
源自 古斯堪的纳维亚语 kaka