1. The space in the fuselage of a small airplane containing seats for the pilot, copilot, and sometimes passengers.
2. The space set apart for the pilot and crew, as in a helicopter, large airliner, or transport aircraft.
3. The driver's compartment in a racing car.
4. A pit or enclosed area for cockfights.
5. A place where many battles have been fought.
7. A compartment in an old warship below the water line, used as quarters for junior officers and as a station for the wounded during a battle.
8. An area in a small decked vessel toward the stern, lower than the rest of the deck, from which the vessel is steered.