DJ音标发音： [ˈku:ˌpɔn, ˈkju:-]
KK音标发音： [ˈkuˌpɑn, ˈkju-]
n.Abbr. cp（名词）缩写 cp
1. A negotiable certificate attached to a bond that represents a sum of interest due.
2. One of a set of detachable certificates that may be torn off and redeemed as needed:
a food coupon.
3. A detachable part, as of a ticket or advertisement, that entitles the bearer to certain benefits, such as a cash refund or a gift.
4. A certificate accompanying a product that may be redeemed for a cash discount.
5. A printed form, as in an advertisement, to be used as an order blank or for requesting information or obtaining a discount on merchandise.
6. A detachable slip calling for periodic payments, as for merchandise bought on an installment plan.
8. from Old French colpon [piece cut off]
源自 古法语 colpon [切下的一片]
9. from colper [to cut]
源自 colper [切]
11. A Roman might have had difficulty predicting what would become of the Latin word colaphus, which meant “a blow with the fist.” In Old French, a language that developed from Latin, Late Latin colpus, from Latin colaphus, became colp, or modern French coup, with the same sense. Coup has had a rich development in French, gaining numerous senses, participating in numerous phrases, such as coup d'état (a term that we have borrowed), and giving rise to many derivatives, including couper, “to cut; literally, to divide with a blow or stroke.” Couper yielded the word coupon, “a portion that is cut off,” which came to refer to a certificate that was detachable from a principal certificate. The detachable certificate could be exchanged for interest or dividend payments by the holder of the principal certificate. Coupon is first recorded in English in 1822 with this sense and then came to apply to forms or tickets, detachable or otherwise, that could be exchanged for various benefits or used to request information.
罗马人大概很难想象拉丁词colaphus 意为“拳头的一击”所发生的变化。 在由拉丁文发展而来的古法语中，由拉丁词colaphus 转变为后期拉丁文中的 colpus ，变为了 colp 或现代法语中的 coup ，意思未变。 Coup 在法语中变化发展很多， 具有了许多意思，组成了许多短语，如coup d'ètat （英语中已借用的单词），并生成许多派生词， 包括couper “切；字面上的意思是用一击或一打使分开。” Couper 又产生了 coupon 一词，意思是“切掉的一部分”， 并且还用来指可从主要证书中分开的票证。这个可分票证可以由主证书的持有者为得利息或分期付款进行交换。Coupon 有这个意思的最早记录是在1882年， 然后被用来指格式或门票，可分离的或其他样式，它可以用来交换不同的利益或用来获取信息