1. To the inside or interior of:
went into the house.
2. To the activity or occupation of:
recent college graduates who go into banking.
3. To the condition, state, or form of:
dishes breaking into pieces; changed into a butterfly.
4. So as to be in or be included in:
parties entering into an agreement; wrote a new character into the play.
5. Informal Interested in or involved with:
They are into vegetarianism.
6. To a point within the limits of a period of time or extent of space:
well into the week.
7. In the direction of; toward:
looked into the distance; pointed into the sky.
crashed into a tree.
9. As a divisor of:
The number 3 goes into 9 three times.