1. To ask or order to return:
recalled all workers who had been laid off.
2. To summon back to awareness of or concern with the subject or situation at hand.
4. To cancel, take back, or revoke.
5. To bring back; restore.
6. To request return (of a product) to the manufacturer, as for necessary repairs or adjustments.
7. The act of recalling or summoning back, especially an official order to return.
8. A signal, such as a bugle call, used to summon troops back to their posts.
9. The ability to remember information or experiences.
10. The act of revoking.
11. The procedure by which a public official may be removed from office by popular vote.
12. The right to employ this procedure.
13. A request by the manufacturer of a product that has been identified as defective to return it, as for necessary repairs or adjustments.