1. Grammar Of, relating to, or being a verb tense used to express action completed before a specified or implied past time.
2. More than perfect; supremely accomplished; ideal:
“He has won a reputation as [a] pluperfect bureaucrat” (New York Times)
3. The pluperfect tense, formed in English with the past participle of a verb and the auxiliary had, as had learned in the sentence He had learned to type by the time the semester was over. Also called past perfect
过去完成时：过去完成时态，在英语中由一个动词的过去分词加助动词had 构成，如 had learned 在 He had learned to type by the time the semester was over（在那个学期结束之前他学会了打字）一句中 也作 past perfect
4. A verb or form in the pluperfect tense.
5. Middle English pluperfyth
6. alteration of Latin pl?s quam perfectum [more than perfect]
拉丁语 pl?s quam perfectum的变化 [极完美的]
7. pl?s [more] * see pel…- 1
pl?s [更多的] *参见 pel…- 1
8. quam [than]